Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Waiting is the Hardest Part

today is the day before thanksgiving, or as turkeys know it armageddon, and i am one of the masses who will be traveling on America's roadways to see family. eventually. we are currently waiting to depart from my mothers to go to the great city of nashville tennessee. the waiting is caused by a sick horse. yes the same horse that threw me off of him about a month ago. karma? maybe. who really knows. the one thing i do know is that we are goin on 3 hrs for the delay and i'm ready for the open road. but that gives me time to chat with you kind folks. the thing i remember most about turkey day would prolly be when i was young and we would go to my great aunt's house in inman sc and after lunch all the kids would get sent outside to play by the adults while all the guys took naps and the ladies cleaned and talked. i never understood why you would take a nap on thanksgiving. now in my old age it sounds so good. since the vet is not here yet, i may take a nap and give ya'll a chance to tell me about your favorite thanksgiving memory.
and GO!

1 comment:

Kyle said...

I seem to remember Detroit winning one year... Wait... Well, now I'm not so sure.